22 June 2010

Another blog post about summer


It's been a while, i know, but get off my case. I've been 'toff my head' the past week, and this serves as partial excuse for my lax blogging. However, now that my summer holidays have begun (it's so far comprised watching too much football and cricket: Living the Dream 2010), i foresee a more fruitful and bountiful period of writing.

To keep my hand in until this period of bountiful posting, i've lazily selected some songs i'm currently "diggin'", a process that consisted of trawling through my most recently added and most recently played playlists on iTunes. I use the word "trawling" entirely incorrectly, it makes it sound as if it took some effort.

Anyway, without further ado, here is the George Moore Summer Jamz Playlist 2010:

1. Hudson Mohawke- Ooops (Oh My)  A banging remix of the song by Tweet

2. Blonde Redhead- Here Sometimes  New Song

3. James Blake- CMYK  Summer club chooon

4. Summer Camp- Ghost Train   Already mentioned it before, but more appropriate than ever

5. Japandroids- Younger Us   As above, go and make some summer memories that you can then reminisce and write a catchy song about when you're a few years older in a moderately successful rock band.

6. Florrie- Come Back to Mine(Elite Gymnastics Remix)   Sounds like it should soundtrack a montage scene that looks back over all the good times with your buddies, preferably around dusk, a little like the beginning of the trailer for Kids (but maybe not the second half). Here's the original (not as good).

7. Jape- Floating   From a few years back, but still fun and cool and just a darn good song

8. Small Black- Despicable Dogs   My favourite song of last summer, good times

9. Memory Tapes- Bicycle (Tanlines remix)  (this one's an MP3 BTW)  I swear Memory Tapes has remixed and been remixed by just about every cool hip band, but this one's good. Tanlines (who hail from Brooklyn, obv) do a good impression of the kind of Scandinavian pop i'm such a fan of.

10. Serani- Playing Games   Irresistable

This took longer than expected. Maybe i'm not so lazy after all. Maybe.
I leave with one final message:
I didn't know you could, or indeed needed to, shorten the word 'enjoy', but why not.

1 comment:

young-shields said...

i njoyed this post, especially the clip-art