4 July 2010

An update of sorts

I've been home for two weeks now and can safely say i've spent my time wisely. By day i've done my utmost to preserve my porcelain skin, watching Come Dine With Me repeats rather than dare go outside. At night, whilst failing to fall asleep due to the suffocating warmth and constant buzz of insects, i've been listening to a lot of techno, wishing i was at places like this, rather than in a place like this (although far less idyllic). I've also just gained access to a set of car keys, and i enjoyed spending the weekend zooming around (within all legal speed restrictions) listening to a series of mix cds, most of which are hangovers from last summer. As well as the summer toonz of '09, i've also been listening to more recent choice cuts, such as these.
I've also been prepping myself for the upcoming 1234 Festival, and i've come to the rather inevitable conclusion that most of the Shoreditch vampires whose bands will be playing there sound a lot better live than on record. However, the prospect of seeing Peter Hook playing live the whole of Unknown Pleasures is enough to keep me awake on it's own, 'heat-wave' aside. I'm also looking forward to seeing These New Puritans performing their rather brilliant new album, especially after my girlfriend's rave reviews of a live show she saw earlier this year.
Summer's shaping up pretty well so far then, and it's set to get better, albeit with a few brief library excursions thrown in to remind me that at some point i do need to actually do some work.

Tune for the day: Janelle Monae- Tightrope (Feat. Big Boi)
She's been getting a lot of attention lately, and as a blogger i feel i'm not doing something right if i don't mention her. This song justifies it though. And she looks great.

No comments: