15 February 2010

Thom Thom Club


News that Radiohead may have recorded a new album is, of course, very exciting. it will be their first long-player since 2007's In Rainbows, released into a media frenzy, most of it focussing around the innovative method of release, rather than the innovative music.


however, my joy at the prospect of a new Radiohead album has been somewhat dampened by my realisation, alas too late, that Thom Yorke will be playing a solo gig at my nearest venue, literally 10 minutes walk from my front door! it's the only gig he has posted until he plays Coachella later this year, and the fact that he has chosen to grace Cambridge with his presence (don't forget he's an Oxford man) is thrilling indeed. if only i'd been quick enough on the draw to secure tickets, i don't really fancy the £100 now being asked, i am a student after all. to any kind soul out there who feels like donating a ticket however, drop me a line!

No comments: