26 April 2010

I like short shorts

As wiser men than me once said, it's "summer, summer, summer tiiiiiime" (hats off to you Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince). Stop me if I'm getting a little ahead of myself here, it is only April after all, but it does feel like summer in all but name. My exams are over for another year, I wore shorts for the first time of 2010 (subjecting my skinny legs to the sun was traumatic for them), yesterday was also the first cricket game of the season and it don't get much summer-ier than that folks. Here's a short guide to summer, with some musical accompaniment to provide this post with some kind of justification.
To quench your thirst for cricket-related popular music (don't lie, everybody has such a thirst), look no further than The Duckworth Lewis Method, a recent project involving The Divine Comedy's Neil Hannon.
No media represents summer more than the humble polaroid, turning anything it touches into a hazy, lazy summery paradise, transporting you to what my friends and I call 'polaroid world' (snappy, i know). So sit back and let Ted Leo take you to your very own polaroid world (so corny).

Another reason behind my summery disposition is the fact that I have, this very night, booked my summer holiday flights, which include a Stockholm stop-over, home of all the best tropical pop (and beautiful blond babes, obv). A summer soundtrack of Air France and the gang (maybe not Fever Ray so much...) surely beckons.

Personally, I'm hoping for a summer filled with sun, friends and short shorts, a little something like this in fact.

No comments: