5 May 2010

Connect with this

School of Seven Bells' debut album Alpinisms was one of my favourite discoveries of last year and easily passed its subjection to repeated spins. Good news yesterday then when I heard the first song off their second (if I was cool I'd say "sophomore") album, Disconnect From Desire. It's a title that pretty much perfectly evokes SVIIB's (I am cool enough for acronyms however) sound, their dream pop sound and abstract lyrics providing a disconnection from reality, or just from desire, whatever.
The new track is called Babelonia, and you can download it by signing up to their mailing list, which you can do here. It follows on from where Alpinisms  left off, the beautiful vocals and harmonies of the Deheza twins backed by chiming guitars, bells and drums which, when they all come together, produce quite the cacophony- a sonic cathedral even??.

Disconnect From Desire is released on 13th July via Vagrant.
Here's their Myspace!

No comments: